Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Make An Energizing Spearmint Morning Tea

I like to drink a cup of tea with fresh fruit during breakfast. While most people need to have their coffee, I am hooked on this delicate brew. The tea I choose depends on my mood and my needs-but whenever possible, I try to include something fresh like a sprig of mint.


One morning, I decided to have a fresh minty cup of tea-but the mint didn't seem like enough. I needed that extra boost that regular black tea gives-so I mixed them-and that became my favorite morning brew. Read on for prepare a cup for yourself.


Instructions








1. Prepare the spearmint by washing it in the sink and patting it dry. While doing this, bring water to a boil.


2. Select your tea bag. There are several kinds of black tea on the market. Stay away from Earl Gray because it imparts a citrus flavor into the leaves which will change the overall taste of the finished brew. You can also substitute with green tea.


3. Add mint sprigs and the tea bag to the mug and pour water over it. Let it steep for 5 minutes, then remove the mint and the tea bag. This will keep the flavors delicate.


4. You can sweeten it with honey, sugar or stevia if you want, but I find that it doesn't need it.

Tags: