Thursday, November 24, 2011

Make Quick And Easy Au Gratin

au gratin


I had 30-35 minutes to whip up a side dish for dinner. I knew that if I didn't get something made soon, the kids would be going to be late for bed. I didn't want that to happen, so I used what I had. A few potatoes, milk, eggs, and cheese. A quick delicious side made in a casserole pan, is quite a treat.


Instructions


1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Peel your potatoes, then put them to the side while you grease your pan. You could use vegetable or canola oil. Slice potatoes thinly directly into pan.


2. You can make one or more layers of potatoes. Potatoes first, then mix your eggs and milk together. Pour over the potatoes and grate cheese over the potatoes.








3. Place a few bits of butter over top and season with garlic salt and pepper. You can use a variety of seasonings, if you use garlic salt there is no need to use salt though. Use at least 1tsp. Bake for 30-35 min. or until potatoes are tender.


4. I advise to put everything into casserole directly into casserole dish, so clean up won't be much of an issue.

Tags: directly into, garlic salt, into casserole, over potatoes