Monday, March 10, 2014

The Best Paint Stripper



I have been trying to find the best paint stripper for the oldest paint. I have always seemed to buy a paste which seems more liquid han paste. It is very time consuming. Any ideas

Although I haven't tried it I've heard very good comments about Peel Away 7. Supposedly removes multiple layers of paint with one application.

I am stripping almost 100 years of finish off with Peel Away 7 and it is the best that I have been able to find. It does take several layers off with one application. Clean up is easy and since the product is nice and creamy the mess is not bad at all. Also, the fumes aren't bad so if your using it indoors it's very tolerable.

I've been using Mircle Eraser http://www.miracleeraser.com for most of my paint remover and refinishing projects. It's quick, easy and cleanup is simple. While it is basically a sanding block, the pressure required is nil so you can use it effortlessly.
It's completely safe and no envirnmental issues from what the manufacturer claims. It does have a sulphur smell, but that goes away quickly.
I've been amazed at how much time and effort I save. They really are great. I recall seeing them in a stores, but not sure where.
Good luck with your project.

The easiest method of stripping your paint off would be to use the PEEL AWAY I product which will do it one application. If it is old paint then it ptrobably contains lead and I would certainly not do any sanding which will create airborne lead dust. If you are going to refinish the wood natural rather than re paint use the PEEL AWAY 7 product






Tags: best, paint, stripper, AWAY product, have been, PEEL AWAY, Peel Away, PEEL AWAY product, which will, with application