Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Looking For Hotelstyle Curtain Rods



I am looking for the type of curtain rods found in many hotel rooms: a track that mounts on the ceiling with a type of roller mechanism in it from which you hang the drapes - there is a long stick-like thing (about 1 yd long) on each center end which can be grabbed and pulled toward the wall and the drapes literally glide with great ease to open. I hope that's clear? Anyway, can you tell me what they're called and where I can find them?
My entire wall is a sliding glass door, and since I don't like verticals, drapes seem to be my only other option. I don't know off-hand, but I'd guess the rod would need to be approximately 15' long (total width of door).
Thanks in advance for your help!
Linda

It's called a Trac system. Ikea sells them and calls them KVADRANT system.

Many thanks for your quick response!

This sounds like something I would like to try. Are they available anywhere else?

Hi Shuttles. After checking out Ikea and discovering that these rods are ONLY available IN their stores (and there are none in Florida where I live), I started doing a search and found alot of suppliers thru Google. Fortunately for me, there is a manufacturer in the town next to where I live. I searched on curtain tracks. You can find them also in alot of hospital supply places - they make them for the privacy curtains around the patients' beds - and they're used for shower curtains as well. Go to Google and search on curtain tracks. Hope this helps!






Tags: looking, curtain, rods, curtain tracks, find them, where live